AeroPress Brewing Tips
- Grind only the amount of coffee you need for your brew. Use the AeroPress scoop to measure the beans into the grinder. You can use the AeroPress funnel to transfer the ground coffee to the chamber.
- Remove the plunger and the cap from the chamber.
- Put a filter inside the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber.
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug.
- Put ground coffee into the chamber using the AeroPress scoop - one scoop for each espresso, up to a maximum of four scoops for 4 cups.
- Pour heated water slowly into the chamber up to the number that corresponds to your number of espresso cups.
- Mix the water and coffee together with the AeroPress stirrer for about ten seconds.
- Wet the rubber seal and insert the plunger into the chamber. Gently and slowly press the plunger slowly downwards.
- Invert the AeroPress as you lift it off the cup.
- Divide your espresso servings using the scoop.
- Remove the cap, and press the plunger all the way through to eject the "puck" of spent grounds into the bin or compost.
- Rinse and/or brush away any grounds left on the rubber seal. The seal has already wiped the chamber clean, so no further cleaning is necessary.
- Always store the AeroPress with the plunger pushed all the way in, or completely removed, to avoid compressing the seal.
Grinding Coffee: We recommend permanent filter grind when using three or more scoops because it's easy to push and yields rich flavor. For one to two scoop pressings, a slightly courser espresso machine grind will yield more flavor, yet still be easy to push.