Plunger Coffee Brewing Tips
- Start with delicious freshly roasted coffee.
- Preheat your cup and plunger with hot boiled water.
- Add to the plunger, one rounded tablespoon of correctly ground coffee per cup (ie ground coarser than for espresso).
- Add the required number of cups of freshly boiled water. Gently stir to mix the grounds, then replace the lid. Be careful not to chip the glass when stirring.
- Good fresh coffee will create a slightly creamy look, as carbon dioxide is released.
- Wait no more than a few minutes, then depress the plunger slowly to avoid spillage, and to keep all the coffee below the mesh. It is safest to place the plunger on a non-slip surface.
As with filter coffee, plunger coffee brewing reveals the delicate taste nuances that espresso brewing may overpower. Serve immediately - as the coffee will grow bitter if left too long in the plunger. For the perfect water temperature, bring the water to a boil, and let it cool a few seconds.Buy Coffee Buy Tea Buy Plungers