Stove Top Espresso Brewing Tips
- Start with delicious freshly roasted coffee.
- Unscrew the pot and fill the base with fresh cold water, up to the level of the safety valve.
- Insert the filter basket and fill it to the top with correctly ground coffee. Clean any loose grinds of coffee from the rim of the filter basket.
- Screw the top and base together firmly.
- Place the pot on the stovetop on a medium heat; ensure that the flame (or electric hot plate) does not exceed the circumference of the base of the pot. This way you won't burn the handle. Don't leave the room as the process only takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- When you hear the sound of percolation, remove the pot from the heat source within 10-15 seconds. Serve immediately.
- Change the rubber seal at least annually. We stock seals and safety valves for all the pots we sell.
There is no need to tamp the coffee. In fact, it is better not to tamp, to prevent the coffee from percolating too slowly and causing bitterness. If you see steam or water escaping from the area where the two halves join - you need a new seal. If steam is escaping from the valve - you need to clean the valve by pressing it in and out from the inside whilst running under hot water (new silver syle self cleaning valve only).Buy Coffee Buy Stovetops Buy Spare Parts