Herbal & Fruit Tea Brewing Tips
Carlisle Tea stocks a huge range of deliciously fragrant herbal and fruit infusions. Our herbal and fruit teas are 100% caffeine free.
- Use 1 – 2 teaspoons of tea leaves per cup/person, depending on your taste.
- Select a spacious tea making vessel to allow the infusion to swell while brewing.
- Herbal and fruit teas are best brewed with water that has just gone off the boil. Water that has boiled for too long will adversely affect the taste.
- Allow the tea to brew for 5 – 10 minutes. Various infusions brew to different strengths, in different time frames - so experiment to suit your taste.
- Gently stir the brewing fruits and herbs to release the flavour before serving.
- Remove the infuser, leaves, and fruit from the tea before serving.
- Herbal and fruit teas are served without milk or sugar, but honey may be added as a sweetener.
- Herbal and fruit tea leaves may be refresed again for a delicious second brew. Simply add more water, and allow an additional minute for infusion.